• Justin Ashenfelter of West Unity received a Bachelor of Science in business administration during Ashland University’s spring 2019 commencement ceremonies earlier this May. Ashenfelter majored in finance. Ashenfelter is a 2015 graduate of Hilltop High School and graduated with cum laude honors.
• Kamry Gray recently graduated from Adrian College with an associate’s degree in international business. After maintaining Dean’s List status for two years, Gray will attend Ohio State University in the fall to continue her undergraduate studies.
• Local students recently graduated from Bluffton University including Michelle Ford of Bryan, with a bachelor’s degree in organizational management; Melanie Shaffer of Bryan, with a bachelor’s degree in organizational management; Maelinn DeLong of Bryan with a bachelor’s degree in mathematics; Adam Wagner of West Unity, with a bachelor’s degree in organizational management; and Kiera Suffel of Edgerton, with a bachelor’s degree in communication with a psychology minor. Suffel was also the recipient of the Communication Distinguished Scholar Award and the Second Place C. Henry Smith Oratorical Award
• Heidelberg University recently announced its spring dean’s list which included Bryan natives Kenneth Beucler, senior, accounting and business administration; Kaylea Bowers, senior, communication; Jaret Miller, junior, biology; Madison Skinner, senior, education; and Montpelier native Emily Fox, freshman, biology.
• Students received honors for the 2019 spring semester at Mercy College of Ohio. Named to the Dean’s List were Jacob Eisel of Bryan, BS nursing pre-licensure; and Lauren Smith of Edgerton, BS Nursing pre-licensure. Named to the President’s List was Amy Baer of Montpelier, BS medical imagining.
• Natasha Leigh Tworek of Bryan, an occupational therapy assistant major, and Brenda Lee Harrington of Edon, a radiographic imaging major, recently made the spring Dean’s List at Rhodes State College.
• Logen Neidhardt of Hicksville has been named to Ohio Dominican University’s 2019 spring semester Dean’s List. In order to make the Dean’s List, full-time undergraduate students must have achieved a 3.5 GPA or better after taking a minimum of 12 credit hours.
• The University of Mount Union’s all-women choir, Cantus Femina, and chamber choir, Kantorei, performed their spring concert on Friday, May 3, in the Myers Sanctuary of the Dewald Chapel located on Mount Union’s campus. Kollin Klingler of Bryan performed as a member of Kantorie.
• Students at the University of Findlay recently participated in the annual Symposium for Scholarship and Creativity. Held on campus, undergraduate and graduate students were given the opportunity to share their research, creativity and professional learning experiences with the university and community. Many students received honors during the Symposium’s awards ceremony:
Amelia Ankney of Hicksville was named as a Kappa Delta Pi Graduating Senior and presented “Partnership with Literacy Coalition of Hancock County,” and “Experiential Learning in the COE.” Kobe Baker of Ney was named as a Kappa Delta Pi New Initiate. Kelsie Crites of Ney was named to the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi Chapter 310. Molliey Gill of Montpelier received the Bridging Culture Award. Alan Kittle of Bryan received the College of Business ACBSP Undergraduate Leadership Award. Jonda Krontz of Bryan, presented “Interior: Panic Design Presentation” and presented “The Function of the Music in Shakespeare’s ‘Measure for Measure.’” Alexis Mitchell of Pioneer presented “The Humane Society and SPCA of Hancock County: Trying to Spread a More Positive Message.” Emily Trisel of West Unity presented “The Effect of Medially Posted Orthotics on Frontal Plane Lower Extremity Kinematics and Ground Reaction Forces in Division II Collegiate Athletes.”