Six local fire departments initially responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday morning at Lake Seneca, but five of them were canceled en route.
At 4:24 a.m. the Pioneer Fire Department was dispatched to 609 Manito Trail with automatic mutual aid from departments in Montpelier, Kunkle and Alvordton as well as Northwest and Florence Townships.
Turns out there was no fire.
“It was lint in a clothes dryer,” Pioneer Fire Chief Denny Fackler said. “It smoked the house up pretty good but there was no damage.”